Endless Fantasies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierce Blackwood | Art Professor

2 posters

Go down

Pierce Blackwood | Art Professor Empty Pierce Blackwood | Art Professor

Post by Pierce Blackwood Wed May 28, 2014 3:03 pm

OOC Name: Indestrocto
Character Name: Pierce Blackwood
Position Requested: Art Teacher
Why Would You Be A Good Fit?: I have been interested in art since I was a young buck, and it was the area in which I excelled in beyond all expectations. I received a full ride to SAIC to pursue a major in education of the arts and gained several commissions during my studies in Chicago for various exhibitions. You may see my work in their online galleries. I have taught for several years now, and traveled across the country from college to college, searching for the perfect job, and I believe this institution to be it. I maintain a fairly casual classroom, as I want my students to be as comfortable, open, and expressive as they can be so that they may create to their best ability. That does not, however, mean that a student may act disrespectfully. I have a zero tolerance policy for misbehavior, and will deal with hooligans accordingly.
Sample Of Work:
Pierce walked around the large tables, distributing a mass of clay to each student. "So today, we will be making cycladic figurines. Does anyone know what a Cycladic figurine is?" He looked around the classroom, pausing in his steps momentarily, and was met by a unanimous expression of confusion. He went on with his work. "Cycladic figurines were marble figures found in burial grounds in Cyclades. We believe they were meant to serve the dead in their spiritual afterlife. The figures themselves are very smooth and geometrical, simplified almost to the point of geometric abstraction. Now... As I am sure you all do not want to spend the next two weeks chiseling away at a piece of stone, we will make them out of clay." Pierce tied up the bag of clay and quickly put it away, then swiftly distributed every student a packet of high-quality picture examples of their goal product. "All of them are quite similar to each other. The most prominent shape is the triangular form, which you can see in the head, arms, legs, torso, and breasts. I want each of you to choose a figure from your packet and do your best to imitate the sculpture in the clay medium. I will come around and help you if you need it, but I think this will be an easy warm-up assignment."
Pierce Blackwood
Pierce Blackwood

Back to top Go down

Pierce Blackwood | Art Professor Empty Re: Pierce Blackwood | Art Professor

Post by The Dean Thu May 29, 2014 9:14 am

Pierce Blackwood | Art Professor Xw12
The Dean
The Dean
Admin

https://endlessfantasies.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down